Monday, March 10, 2008

Stephenson Cellars Viognier 2006


If I met this wine at a party and it asked me to go home with it that night, you can bet I'd be making its breakfast the next day.

It's that smooth.

This wine was so good, I didn't take tasting notes. I just sat there in a state of borderline mouthgasm, unable to speak, think or write. To quote Homer Simpson, "This must be what angels taste like."

Floral, but with a green apple tartness; musty, but somehow sweet; this wine just kept giving. And as I quivered in my chair and tried to keep it together, I realized something profound: I finally knew what it meant to be in love.

PRICE: $20 at Walla Walla Wine Cellar
DRINKABILITY: You know how every time you pass a wine on the street you sort of casually ask yourself, "Would I drink that?" Well, I'm here to tell you I would drink this Viognier all night long and still come back for more. It would beg for mercy, but I wouldn't stop until I'd gotten every last drop.
SNOB VALUE: A truly good wine, no matter the price, will always draw the right kind of attention.
WHERE TO FIND IT: Stephenson Cellars, Walla Walla Wine Cellar
FAMOUS LAST WORDS: Mrs. Viognier...? Yeah, I like the sound of that.

1 comment: